How ICMAD Can Help International Companies Expand Their Businesses into the U.S.
Business Services: ICMAD’s partners can provide basic business services at member discounts. Membership in ICMAD can help international cosmetic and personal care companies succeed in the vast and often confusing U.S. market. Services include:
- Health insurance benefits through Association Health Programs.
- Car rental discounts through Avis, Budget, and Hertz.
- Credit card processing through Benchmark Payment Networks.
- Product/property insurance benefits through CIS.
- Warehousing, logistics, and pick-and-pack using proprietary software through Fulfillment.com (FDC).
- Networking through Hubba's business discovery network.
- Up-to-date market information, at member rates, in the cosmetics sector from Kline & Company.
- Translation services through LingPerfect.
- Customs documents from broker and freight forwarder Masterpiece International.
- Domestic shipping discounts through PartnerShip.
- Discounted bar codes through Simply Barcodes.
- Discounted issues of the PinkReport™ from The Benchmarking Company.
Technical and regulatory services: ICMAD offers a wide variety of educational events and materials to help companies navigate the unique requirements of the U.S. regulatory framework, with discounts for members. Events include:
- ICMAD’s FDA Workshop - features staff from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to help companies understand the current rules and regulations.
- ICMAD’s Cosmetic Technical/Regulatory Forum - ICMAD’s experts provide an industry perspective on the most pressing issues in the industry.
- ICMAD’s webinars - the most timely topics taught by experienced speakers; attend from the convenience of your computer.
- ICMAD’s Online Cosmetic Reference Library - features white papers, presentations, documents, links, and many webinars. Access is by subscription and members receive significant discounts.
- ICMAD educational sessions - such as “Are You Ready to Import into the USA” at major trade shows, including Cosmoprof North America in Las Vegas, Cosmoprof Worldwide in Bologna and other topics at HBA Global Expo in New York.
Networking events: ICMAD hosts numerous networking events, providing the opportunity to talk to colleagues about current issues. Events include:
- Annual Meeting and CITY Awards Dinner.
- Young Designers Celebration Dinner.
- Receptions at Cosmoprof Worldwide, Cosmoprof North America, and Cosmoprof Asia.
ICMAD Publications: Keep in touch with current events that could have significant impact on your business. Publications include the ICMAD Digest (monthly newsletter), ICMAD Guide to European Cosmetic Regulations, ICMAD Practical Guide to Selling Cosmetics in the U.S. and the ICMAD Labeling Guide. The new ICMAD Beauty Reference Guide is both an advertising opportunity for companies to promote products worldwide and also a resource containing information on the association and the industry.
ICMAD is a member of The Safe Cosmetics Alliance and a participant in the ICCR Global Cosmetic Harmonization Meetings.