Representing Cosmetic and Fragrance industry issues both locally and on Capitol Hill.
A toolbox of networking events that connects you to opportunities.
- Annual Meeting
- Receptions and Tradeshows
- Networking Receptions
Relevant technical and regulatory information delivered to you such as:
- Labeling Information
- EU Guide
Innovative marketing ideas, tools and resources to get you results.
- Beauty Reference Guide
- CITY Awards
- Young Designers
ICMAD provides events to meet your industry need for knowledge. Check back often to see what we have planned.
COSMETIC & PERSONAL CARE
TRADE ASSOCIATION FOR ENTREPRENEURS
Welcome to the ICMAD website. ICMAD is a non profit trade association dedicated to providing programs and services to those creative, innovative cosmetic companies to help them succeed in the rapidly changing, highly competitive cosmetics and personal care industries.
Our mission is to represent, educate and foster the growth and profitability of entrepreneurial companies in the cosmetic and personal care industries worldwide.
- Indie Beauty Expo | ICMAD is proud to collaborate with iBE. iBE's mission is to provide a platform to recognize, showcase and promote independent beauty, lifestyle and wellness brands to retailers, consumers and the media. Launched in 2015, iBE presents the largest collection of independent beauty brands from North America, Europe and Asia. For additional information to exhibit or attend.The 2016 expo will be held in Los Angeles, CA, May 4-5, 2016.
- The Healthy & Natural Show | ICMAD is proud to be collaborating with veteran organizer, WIlliam Reed Business Media for this unique, inaugural, three day B2B natural products industry show. The event promises three days of innovation, inspiration, and education. Exhibitors are natural products companies wanting to expand in the Midwest. Attendees include all channels of retail, health practitioners, and more. ICMAD members receive 10% off the standard booth pricing. For additional information, contact Heather Howser at 303-956-1331 or email@example.com. The 2016 show will be held in Chicago, on Navy Pier, May 5-7, 2016.
- Cosmopack NY | Cosmopack New York confirms to be the not-to-be-missed event for the entire beauty business community, matching the supply of contract manufacturers, packaging solution providers (paper, glass, plastic containers), OEMs (machinery & equipment), raw materials and ingredients for cosmetics with the demand of the buyers in the US market.The 2016 forum will be held in New York, NY on May 11-12, 2016.
- 35th Annual FDA Cosmetic Regulations Workshop | This all-day seminar covers some of the latest issues in the cosmetic and personal care products industry.The 2016 workshop will be held at the Harmonie Club, in New York on May 12, 2016. All FDA Workshop attendees have the opportunity to purchase the new ICMAD Complete Guide to U.S. Cosmetic Regulations and Labeling at a 50% discount!
- beautypress Spotlight Day, NY | Save time and cost by letting beautypress organize a professional multibrand press event for you all under one roof, all in one day! Utilize beautypress’ 100+ established contacts to gain a unique opportunity to pitch your product lines, new launches and best sellers! To be held at Midtown Loft and Terrace in Midtown Manhattan, NYC, May 18. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 463 8931.
- innoCos Summit | The conference features an incredible line up of visionary leaders and innovators from across the beauty industry. They will offer inspiring case study presentations on trends and innovations in marketing, product, technology and retailing strategies. The 2016 summit will be held at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel, Vienna, Austria on June 9-10, 2016.
ICMAD Applauds Additional Support for Proposed Cosmetics Legislation with Cosponsors from Key Districts in Texas |
Support for H.R. 4075, the Safe Cosmetics Modernization Act, is gaining momentum with recent backing from two U.S. congressional leaders, including a Democratic cosponsor.
ICMAD Enhances 35th Annual FDA Cosmetic Regulations Workshop with Case Study Reviews |
Dr. Linda Katz, the Director of the Office of Cosmetics and Colors (OCAC), in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition is among the expert lineup in the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association’s 35th annual FDA Cosmetic Regulatory Workshop.
ICMAD Accepting Entries for Cosmetic Innovation to compete in 12th Annual CITY Awards |
If you think outside the box, you may have the next big idea in cosmetic products, packaging, or marketing to compete in the ICMAD CITY Awards. Now through May 22, the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors Association is accepting entries for the 12th edition of its esteemed “Cosmetic Innovator of The Year – CITY – Awards.”
FDA, FTC, and Top Cosmetics Companies to Present at ACI and ICMAD’s Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Forum |
In collaboration with American Conference Institute (ACI) the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) association is pleased to announce that the 3rd Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products will take place at The Carlton Hotel, March 7-9, 2016, in New York City.
ICMAD Announces Winners in 17th Annual Young Designers Competition |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association is proud to announce the winners in the 2016 Young Designers Awards Competition. Five students were recognized during a dinner ceremony Feb. 18 at the Island Hotel Newport Beach, CA, where keynote speaker Chris Birchby, Founder and CEO of COOLA Suncare, and himself an acclaimed artist, addressed the audience of more than 100 industry leaders.
ICMAD Experts Prepare 100+ Cosmetics Professionals to “Build a Bulletproof Product” at Annual Technical Regulatory Forum |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association hosted more than 100 professionals from the cosmetics and personal care industry at the annual Cosmetic Technical Regulatory Forum held today at the Island Hotel Newport Beach, CA.
COOLA CEO to Keynote 2016 Young Designers Awards |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association today proudly announces that Chris Birchby, Founder and CEO of award-winning COOLA® Suncare, will be the keynote speaker for the 2016 Young Designers Awards Dinner and Ceremony Thursday evening, Feb. 18, at the Island Hotel Newport Beach, CA
ICMAD Announces Finalists in 17th Annual Young Designers Competition |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association is proud to announce the three student finalists and two honorable mentions in the 2016 Young Designers Awards Competition.
ICMAD Responds to Microbead-Free Waters Act Passage by U.S. Senate |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers And Distributors (ICMAD) Association recognized passage by the U.S. Senate on Dec. 18 of a bill that is intended to eradicate the use of synthetic plastic microbeads in personal cleansing products. Known as the Microbead-Free Waters Act, the bill, which was already passed by the House, now awaits signature by President Obama to become law.
ICMAD Collaborates With American Conference Institute on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Legislation Forum |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers And Distributors (ICMAD) association is collaborating with the American Conference Institute (ACI) to present the 3rd Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products, March 7-9, 2016, at The Carlton Hotel, New York.
ICMAD Supports The Introduction of The Safe Cosmetics Modernization Act |
Historic Legislation. The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) association is proud to support legislation introduced today by U.S. Congressman Pete Sessions (R-TX), H.R.4075, The Safe Cosmetics Modernization Act.
International Beauty Show Recognizes ICMAD for Global Leadership |
ICMAD President and CEO Pamela J. Busiek joined BolognaFiere CEO and President Duccio Campagnoli, and UBM Asia Executive Vice President Michael Duck in opening the show on Nov. 11 at the Hong Kong Convention Centre with a ceremonial ribbon cutting. On behalf of ICMAD and its more than 700 member companies who participate in the business sector of cosmetics and personal care, Busiek accepted a plaque as sponsor of the “Country of Honour” for U.S.A.
ICMAD Represents U.S.A. As "Country of Honor" |
ICMAD represents the United States as one of only two chosen "Countries of Honor" at Cosmoprof Asia Hong Kong, Nov. 11-13, 2015.
ICMAD To Represent U.S.A. As "Country of Honor" |
ICMAD will represent the United States as one of only two chosen "Countries of Honor" at Cosmoprof Asia Hong Kong, Nov. 11-13, 2015.
ICMAD West Coast Regional Event with Jeremiah McElwee |
ICMAD West Coast Regional Committee is honored to host Jeremiah McElwee, VP of Purchasing & Merchandising at Thrive Market, October 8, 2015.
ICMAD CEO Reinforces Need for Universal Standards |
Speaking on behalf of small businesses and entrepreneurs in the $60B cosmetic and personal beauty industry, Pamela J. Busiek, CEO of The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD), will stress the vital need for uniform standards between retailers and regulatory agencies to strengthen safety, quality and trust throughout the supply chain, as she participates in an elite group of business leaders comprising the Global Retailers and Manufacturers Alliance (GRMA) in Ann Arbor, MI, Aug. 3.
Feinstein Bill Would Burden Small Business and Stifle Innovation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) opposes the Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Safety Act introduced by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and co-sponsored by Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), as it is places too large a burden on small business, stifles innovation in the cosmetics and personal care industry, and does not provide appropriate and significant national uniformity.
Cosmoprof North America - Events Not To Miss |
Cosmoprof North America, July 12-14, 2015, sign up for the following events featuring ICMAD members and staff.
Bring Your Product to Market: Regulatory Requirements to Launch; Are Your Marketing Claims Getting Unwanted Attention?; Are you Ready to Import in the USA?
CARB Extends 2013 Consumer Product Survey Deadline |
The California Air Resources Board has announced an extension of the March 2, 2015 deadline to submit company product, ingredient and sales data for the 2013 Consumer Products Survey. Several trade associations, including ICMAD, had submitted requests for additional time to allow their members to complete the survey, citing the late notification to smaller companies.
California ARB Survey Raises Questions for ICMAD Members |
Industry has concerns about the confidentiality of submissions to the California Air Resources Board under the expanded product survey, as well as the survey’s potential impact on future regulations in the state.
December/January 2015 |
Inside: Upcoming events- Young Designers Dinner and Technical/Regulatory Forum, Cosmoprof Asia recap and Member Spotlight Grande Naturals.
ICMAD and PBA Respond to FDA Statement on Discontinuing Talks for Cosmetic Legislation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors and the Professional Beauty Association are disappointed with the FDA’s letter advising that it had precipitously decided to discontinue negotiations with industry on legislation to modernize cosmetic legislation. Industry met in good faith for over a year with the FDA diligently working to reach a framework that would be the basis for a legislative initiative.
Regulatory Uniformity In U.S. Top Priority For ICMAD |
Small-business trade group the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors will continue advocating in 2014 for uniform cosmetics regulations throughout the United States, CEO Pam Busiek said in a February 10, 2014 interview with “The Rose Sheet.” ICMAD cites collaboration with other industry trade associations as a highlight of 2013.