Representing Cosmetic and Fragrance industry issues both locally and on Capitol Hill.
Fostering business growth and success for ICMAD members.
- Tech Forum
- FDA Workshop
VIEW MORE »
A toolbox of networking events that connect you to opportunities.
- 2012 Annual Meeting
- Receptions and Tradeshows
Relevant technical and regulatory information delivered to you.
- Labeling and EU Guide
Innovative marketing ideas, tools and resources to get you results.
- Showcase Magazine
- CITY Awards
ICMAD provides events to meet your industry need for knowlege. Check back often to see what we have planned.
Cosmetic & personal care
Trade association for entrepreneurs
Welcome to the ICMAD website. ICMAD is a non profit trade association dedicated to providing programs and services to those creative, innovative cosmetic companies to help them succeed in the rapidly changing, highly competitive cosmetics and personal care industries.
- Selling Cosmetics in Australia | As a result of the Free Trade Agreement between the U.S. and Australia, effective January 1, 2005, import duties on cosmetics and toiletries were eliminated. The U.S. two-way trade with Australia was $26.7 billion in 2009, up 23% from 2004. U.S. goods exports were $18.9 billion in 2009, up 33% from 2004. Given the relatively small population of 23 million, import competition is high, although the market has shown annual growth of approximately 5% from 2011-2013.
- West Coast Networking Event | Join ICMAD's Western Regional Development Committee Members to discuss the most up-to-date information concerning the cosmetic and personal care industry. The event will be held on Monday, December 8 at HATCHBEAUTY.
- Selling Cosmetics in South Korea | In March, 2012 an updated U.S.-South Korea free trade agreement became effective, making it the most commercially significant free trade agreement for the U.S. in almost 20 years. The added reduction in South Korean tariffs and tariff-rate quotas on goods is expected to add $10-$12 billion annually to the U.S.
- 2015 Young Designer Dinner |
ICMAD and PBA Respond to FDA Statement on Discontinuing Talks for Cosmetic Legislation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors and the Professional Beauty Association are disappointed with the FDA’s letter advising that it had precipitously decided to discontinue negotiations with industry on legislation to modernize cosmetic legislation. Industry met in good faith for over a year with the FDA diligently working to reach a framework that would be the basis for a legislative initiative.
Regulatory Uniformity In U.S. Top Priority For ICMAD |
Small-business trade group the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors will continue advocating in 2014 for uniform cosmetics regulations throughout the United States, CEO Pam Busiek said in a February 10, 2014 interview with “The Rose Sheet.” ICMAD cites collaboration with other industry trade associations as a highlight of 2013.
November 2013 Digest |
Inside this issue: Young Designers, Regulatory Webinar Summary, and Regulatory Update.
December/January 2014 Digest |
Inside: Cosmetic Technical/Regulatory Forum; In the Beauty World, the Consumer is King; International Corner