Representing Cosmetic and Fragrance industry issues both locally and on Capitol Hill.
Fostering business growth and success for ICMAD members.
- Tech Forum
- FDA Workshop
- Webinar Series
A toolbox of networking events that connect you to opportunities.
- Annual Meeting
- Receptions and Tradeshows
- Networking Receptions
Relevant technical and regulatory information delivered to you.
- EU Guide
-Selling in the U.S.
Innovative marketing ideas, tools and resources to get you results.
- Beauty Reference Guide
- CITY Awards
- Young Designers
ICMAD provides events to meet your industry need for knowlege. Check back often to see what we have planned.
Cosmetic & personal care
Trade association for entrepreneurs
Welcome to the ICMAD website. ICMAD is a non profit trade association dedicated to providing programs and services to those creative, innovative cosmetic companies to help them succeed in the rapidly changing, highly competitive cosmetics and personal care industries.
- Complying with the New CARB Requirements | The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is requiring all consumer and commercial product companies, including personal care product companies, whose names appear on product labels (a "Responsible Party") to complete a 2013 Consumer and Commercial Products Survey. Completed 2013 Surveys are due by March 2, 2015. Failure to file a Survey may result in significant fines of $10,000 per violation, per day. CARB staff is currently developing tools for reporting 2014 and 2015 consumer product data.
- Selling Cosmetics in South Korea | In March, 2012 an updated U.S.-South Korea free trade agreement became effective, making it the most commercially significant free trade agreement for the U.S. in almost 20 years. The added reduction in South Korean tariffs and tariff-rate quotas on goods is expected to add $10-$12 billion annually to the U.S.
- 2015 Young Designer Dinner | Meet ICMAD's Young Designers this February! 2015 Young Designers Dinner February 4 Island Hotel Newport Beach, CA
- ICMAD Cosmetic Technical Regulatory Forum 2015 | ICMAD’s experts will discuss the latest issues that have captured the attention of consumers, regulators and industry. Bring your staff to the biggest Technical and Regulatory meeting of the year. Since 2005, the ICMAD Technical/ Regulatory/Legislative Committee has provided a practical, more business-oriented conference and updates the content in response to requests from member companies for more information on specific topics.
- Webinar: Selling Cosmetics in Israel | The U.S. – Israel Free Trade Agreement became effective in 1985, the first free trade agreement signed by the U.S. with another country. The agreement eliminated duties on manufactured goods by January 1, 1995. In 1985, Israel was the 30th largest trading partner of the U.S., but by 2005 it ranked 18th. Learn how to sell in Israel.
ICMAD and PBA Respond to FDA Statement on Discontinuing Talks for Cosmetic Legislation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors and the Professional Beauty Association are disappointed with the FDA’s letter advising that it had precipitously decided to discontinue negotiations with industry on legislation to modernize cosmetic legislation. Industry met in good faith for over a year with the FDA diligently working to reach a framework that would be the basis for a legislative initiative.
Regulatory Uniformity In U.S. Top Priority For ICMAD |
Small-business trade group the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors will continue advocating in 2014 for uniform cosmetics regulations throughout the United States, CEO Pam Busiek said in a February 10, 2014 interview with “The Rose Sheet.” ICMAD cites collaboration with other industry trade associations as a highlight of 2013.
November 2013 Digest |
Inside this issue: Young Designers, Regulatory Webinar Summary, and Regulatory Update.
December/January 2014 Digest |
Inside: Cosmetic Technical/Regulatory Forum; In the Beauty World, the Consumer is King; International Corner