Representing Cosmetic and Fragrance industry issues both locally and on Capitol Hill.
A toolbox of networking events that connects you to opportunities.
- Annual Meeting
- Receptions and Tradeshows
- Networking Receptions
Relevant technical and regulatory information delivered to you such as:
- Labeling Information
- EU Guide
Innovative marketing ideas, tools and resources to get you results.
- Beauty Reference Guide
- CITY Awards
- Young Designers
ICMAD provides events to meet your industry need for knowledge. Check back often to see what we have planned.
COSMETIC & PERSONAL CARE
TRADE ASSOCIATION FOR ENTREPRENEURS
Welcome to the ICMAD website. ICMAD is a non profit trade association dedicated to providing programs and services to those creative, innovative cosmetic companies to help them succeed in the rapidly changing, highly competitive cosmetics and personal care industries.
Our mission is to represent, educate and foster the growth and profitability of entrepreneurial companies in the cosmetic and personal care industries worldwide.
- Cosmetic Technical /Regulatory Forum | ICMAD's Cosmetic Technical/Regulatory Forum offers practical advice by industry experts on how to handle changing regulations and legal challenges that impact your beauty products. "Building a Bulletproof Product", the 2016 forum, will be held February 17 at the Island Hotel Newport Beach, Newport Beach, CA.
- Young Designers Awards Competition Dinner | The Young Designers Award Competition was created to showcase the extraordinary and emerging talents of packaging and design students at the college level. This event draws key packaging industry experts from around the country, providing elite networking opportunities, and a history of hosting prominent and brilliant keynote speakers. The 2016 event will be held February 18 at the Island Hotel Newport Beach, Newport Beach, CA.
- beautypress Spotlight Day | Save time and cost by letting beautypress organize a professional multibrand press event for you all under one roof, all in one day! Utilize beautypress’100+ established contacts to gain a unique opportunity to pitch your product lines, new launches and best sellers! The first of three 2016 events will be held at the Midtown Loft and Terrace, February 24. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 463 8931.
- Cosmetic/Legal Regulatory Forum (ACI) | The ACI, in collaboration with ICMAD, presents this premier legal, regulatory, and compliance forum for the cosmetics and personal care products industry. Now in its third iteration, leading counsel, as well as top regulatory and compliance executives will convene at this forum for in-depth discussions on new developments. ICMAD members receive a 10% discount by using code, D10-866-ICMADMEM. The forum will be held at The Carlton Hotel, New York, NY, March 7-9, 2016.
- 2016 EU Cosmetics Regulatory Update Webinar | This 60-minute webinar is for brand owners, distributors and manufacturers: anyone in the beauty industry who would like more information about upcoming changes in EU regulations.Expert Guest Speakers: Dr. Frederic Lebreux, COO, BIORIUS and Dr. Bart Desmedt, Principal Toxicologist, BIORIUS. Moderated by: Carl Geffen, ICMAD's International Committee Chair. Tuesday, March 8, 2016. 12:00 noon (EST).
- ICMAD Cocktail Reception at Cosmoprof Bologna | Join us at the Annual Cocktail Reception during Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna. Celebrate the creativity and innovation of the beauty industry as you connect with dignitaries, media, ICMAD members, and attendees of Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna. This event presents a unique opportunity to get a pulse on the industry and unwind from the busy days the conference holds. This reception is complimentary to all cosmetic and beauty industry professionals. The event will be held at Ristorante NeoClassico, Plutone Room, Royal Carlton Hotel on March 18. RSVP by March 11, 2016.
- FUSE 2016 | ICMAD has partnered in FUSE 2016! Join us to celebrate a new synergy of brand strategy and activation, design, culture and trends to build better brands that change the world. Hear exciting presentations from Lisa Marchese CMO, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Todd Henry Founder, Accidental Creative, Author, Mauro Porcini SVP & Chief Design Officer, PepsiCo, llen Gustafson Author, Entrepreneur, Co-Founder, FEED and Stefan Sagmeister Co-Founder, Sagmeister & Walsh, just to name a few. ICMAD members receive a 25% discount by using code, FUSE16ICMAD. The 2016 show will be held in Miami, at Nobu Eden Roc, April 4-6, 2016.
- The Healthy & Natural Show | ICMAD is proud to be collaborating with veteran organizer, WIlliam Reed Business Media for this unique, inaugural, three day B2B natural products industry show. The event promises three days of innovation, inspiration, and education. Exhibitors are natural products companies wanting to expand in the Midwest. Attendees include all channels of retail, health practitioners, and more. ICMAD members receive 10% off the standard booth pricing. For additional information, contact Heather Howser at 303-956-1331 or email@example.com. The 2016 show will be held in Chicago, on Navy Pier, May 5-7, 2016.
- FDA Cosmetic Regulations Workshop | This all-day seminar covers some of the latest issues in the cosmetic and personal care products industry: Updates on U.S. FDA activities The latest information on the labeling of over-the-counter drugs and cosmetics- interactive exercise Legal issues in the manufacture and distribution of cosmetics How to substantiate the safety of your cosmetics and what can happen if you don’t The 2016 workshop will be held in NYC May 12, 2016. Registration not yet available. Watch for details.
ICMAD Announces Finalists in 17th Annual Young Designers Competition |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association is proud to announce the three student finalists and two honorable mentions in the 2016 Young Designers Awards Competition.
ICMAD Responds to Microbead-Free Waters Act Passage by U.S. Senate |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers And Distributors (ICMAD) Association recognized passage by the U.S. Senate on Dec. 18 of a bill that is intended to eradicate the use of synthetic plastic microbeads in personal cleansing products. Known as the Microbead-Free Waters Act, the bill, which was already passed by the House, now awaits signature by President Obama to become law.
ICMAD Collaborates With American Conference Institute on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Legislation Forum |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers And Distributors (ICMAD) association is collaborating with the American Conference Institute (ACI) to present the 3rd Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products, March 7-9, 2016, at The Carlton Hotel, New York.
ICMAD Supports The Introduction of The Safe Cosmetics Modernization Act |
Historic Legislation. The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) association is proud to support legislation introduced today by U.S. Congressman Pete Sessions (R-TX), H.R.4075, The Safe Cosmetics Modernization Act.
International Beauty Show Recognizes ICMAD for Global Leadership |
ICMAD President and CEO Pamela J. Busiek joined BolognaFiere CEO and President Duccio Campagnoli, and UBM Asia Executive Vice President Michael Duck in opening the show on Nov. 11 at the Hong Kong Convention Centre with a ceremonial ribbon cutting. On behalf of ICMAD and its more than 700 member companies who participate in the business sector of cosmetics and personal care, Busiek accepted a plaque as sponsor of the “Country of Honour” for U.S.A.
ICMAD Represents U.S.A. As "Country of Honor" |
ICMAD represents the United States as one of only two chosen "Countries of Honor" at Cosmoprof Asia Hong Kong, Nov. 11-13, 2015.
ICMAD To Represent U.S.A. As "Country of Honor" |
ICMAD will represent the United States as one of only two chosen "Countries of Honor" at Cosmoprof Asia Hong Kong, Nov. 11-13, 2015.
ICMAD West Coast Regional Event with Jeremiah McElwee |
ICMAD West Coast Regional Committee is honored to host Jeremiah McElwee, VP of Purchasing & Merchandising at Thrive Market, October 8, 2015.
ICMAD CEO Reinforces Need for Universal Standards |
Speaking on behalf of small businesses and entrepreneurs in the $60B cosmetic and personal beauty industry, Pamela J. Busiek, CEO of The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD), will stress the vital need for uniform standards between retailers and regulatory agencies to strengthen safety, quality and trust throughout the supply chain, as she participates in an elite group of business leaders comprising the Global Retailers and Manufacturers Alliance (GRMA) in Ann Arbor, MI, Aug. 3.
Feinstein Bill Would Burden Small Business and Stifle Innovation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) opposes the Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Safety Act introduced by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and co-sponsored by Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), as it is places too large a burden on small business, stifles innovation in the cosmetics and personal care industry, and does not provide appropriate and significant national uniformity.
Cosmoprof North America - Events Not To Miss |
Cosmoprof North America, July 12-14, 2015, sign up for the following events featuring ICMAD members and staff.
Bring Your Product to Market: Regulatory Requirements to Launch; Are Your Marketing Claims Getting Unwanted Attention?; Are you Ready to Import in the USA?
CARB Extends 2013 Consumer Product Survey Deadline |
The California Air Resources Board has announced an extension of the March 2, 2015 deadline to submit company product, ingredient and sales data for the 2013 Consumer Products Survey. Several trade associations, including ICMAD, had submitted requests for additional time to allow their members to complete the survey, citing the late notification to smaller companies.
California ARB Survey Raises Questions for ICMAD Members |
Industry has concerns about the confidentiality of submissions to the California Air Resources Board under the expanded product survey, as well as the survey’s potential impact on future regulations in the state.
December/January 2015 |
Inside: Upcoming events- Young Designers Dinner and Technical/Regulatory Forum, Cosmoprof Asia recap and Member Spotlight Grande Naturals.
ICMAD and PBA Respond to FDA Statement on Discontinuing Talks for Cosmetic Legislation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors and the Professional Beauty Association are disappointed with the FDA’s letter advising that it had precipitously decided to discontinue negotiations with industry on legislation to modernize cosmetic legislation. Industry met in good faith for over a year with the FDA diligently working to reach a framework that would be the basis for a legislative initiative.
Regulatory Uniformity In U.S. Top Priority For ICMAD |
Small-business trade group the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors will continue advocating in 2014 for uniform cosmetics regulations throughout the United States, CEO Pam Busiek said in a February 10, 2014 interview with “The Rose Sheet.” ICMAD cites collaboration with other industry trade associations as a highlight of 2013.